Thursday, December 3, 2009

Waiting....

I had a friend say today that she was in a good mood, but she felt like she was just waiting for something bad to happen to ruin it.  I had to laugh and say because it has in the past, but to have faith that things will continue being good.  This past Sunday our pastor gave us a 60 second challenge.  He told us that he wanted us to take 60 seconds before getting out of bed in the morning to list all the things we are thankful for.  After doing this for only 3 days I already see a difference in how I view the world around me.  I was at work and we were really slow.  Usually I would complain that it was slow and ask to go home. Today insted of complaining I said a silent prayer to thank God that He has even provided a job for me at this time.  It is all about the prospective.  I am choosing to see things differently now.  Insted of complaining about the traffic, I thank God I have a car to drive.  Insted of being grumpy about not sleeping, I praise God that I have a bed to sleep in.  Insted of waiting for the bottom to fall out and make my day hell, I am choosing to be positive and give thanks to God for everything.  So my advice for today is just to stop waiting for something bad to happen and live the life that God has blessed you with. 


A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.



-- Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment